May 24, 2026

 

By Kopano Dibakwane
The community of Barberton is reeling in shock following a shooting incident that occurred at a local popular liquor outlet in the early hours of Sunday 1 June 2025.
Two people were certified dead upon arrival in hospital, while the third victim also succumbed to injuries a few hours after being admitted.
Mpumalanga police spokesperson, Brigadier Donald Mdhluli, no one has been arrested so far in relation to the incident.
He said a team of experts has been assembled, under the leadership of Mpumalanga Acting Provincial Police Commissioner, Major-General(Dr)Zeph Mkhwanazi, to look into the matter.
“ The circumstances surrounding this incident are still being probed by the team, however, it is reported that a team of armed suspects entered into the establishment and started firing some shots, leading to the serious injuries to the three victims,” said Brigadier Mdhluli.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *